The Laboratory for Laser Energetics welcomes your participation at the 23rd Target Fabrication Meeting to be held at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel, Tuesday April 23rd to Friday April 26th, 2019.
The topics to be discussed will cover a diverse range of subjects that comprise all aspects of fabricating targets for experiments on high-power, high-energy laser and ion facilities. These include but are not limited to:
- Cryogenic Targets
- Target-component development and fabrication, assembly, and metrology
- Target handling and fixturing systems
- Layer formation and characterization
- Capsule fabrication and properties
- Materials development and processing for high-energy-density targets
- Low-density materials development and metrology
- Target assembly and metrology/characterization technologies
- Radiological issues related to tritium and activated infrastructures
- Containment, safety, and environmental impact
- Tritium properties and interaction with materials
- Industrial and biomedical applications
Plenary presentations will be used to introduce the topics of each session. The remaining presentations will be contributed papers. Oral presentations will be augmented by poster presentations.
All contributed oral talks will be twenty minutes and should allow a three-minute discussion period. Posters should fit in a space 36 inches high and 60 inches long. All presentations must be unclassified.
Contributed abstracts are due by Friday, January 25th, 2019, and the final agenda will be posted on the conference website by February 22nd, 2019.
This includes a daily continental breakfast, refreshments for the morning and afternoon breaks, the conference banquet, and the use of a main conference room with AV equipment, and a separate meeting room.
The early registration fee is $475 and the full registration fee is $550.
Registration check-in will be held at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on Monday, April 22nd 2019. A Welcome Reception will be provided during registration check-in hours.
Please contact Raka Ghosh: phone: (585) 275-3421) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions about this conference.